This is an old revision of the document!
(1) Dates & Times: The workshop will run at the MPIA from 9.30 am, Monday 27 October - 5 pm, Friday 31 October. Presentations will be held from 9.30am - 1pm in the HdA conference room [ https://goo.gl/maps/vUUk3 ]. After lunch we will break up into the individual working groups (1 - 5):
1. Spherical & Triaxial (led by J. Read)
2. Discs (led by D. Kawata)
3. Streams & Halo Stars (led by A. Font)
4. Collisional/Star Clusters (led by M. Gieles)
5. Stellar astrophysical parameters (led by A. Rene and K. Smith)
(2) Accommodation: Will have pre-reserved 40 single rooms from the 26 Oct - 01 Nov 2014 at a number of hotels that are centrally located in the Altstadt (details below). Please quote the booking code 'GC2014' when making your reservation at one of these hotels. Alternatively, feel free to book at your earliest convenience at any of the many other Heidelberg hotels. Breakfast is included in the prices quoted below.
booking code: “GC2014”
1. Exzellenz Hotel www.exzellenzhotel.de/ 10 x single room 85 Euro book until: 30 Sept.
2. Hotel Goldene Rose www.hotel-goldene-rose.de/ 10 x single room 90 Euro book until: 30 Sept.
3. Hotel Panorama www.panorama-heidelberg.de/ 4 x single room 95 Euro book until: 26 Sept.
4. Hotel Kohler www.hotel-kohler.de/ 8 x single room 67,- 8 x double room for single use 77 Euro book until: 31 July or 30 Sept.
(3) Transportation to the MPIA from Heidelberg: We are looking into renting a single large, 50-person bus, to pick up people in the morning at around 09:00 from the Altstadt (the stop will be within walking distance of the hotels). The bus will return in the evening from the MPIA, to the Altstadt, at around 18:00.
There is also a local bus running from Bizmarkplatz to the MPIA (39, see http://www.vrn.de see for timetables ) and/or a taxi (15-20 Euros to get from/to train station). The MPIA location can be seen here: [ https://goo.gl/maps/wG21j ]
(4) Food & drinks: Breakfast is normally included with the hotel accommodation and for dinner there is a large variety of restaurants within walking distance from the hotels. We will provide a catered lunch each day and the organisers should be informed of any dietary restrictions in the registration form.
(5) Getting to Heidelberg from Frankfurt Airport:
You will arrive via train from Frankfurt Airport into Heidelberg Hautpbahnhof (main station), connecting through Mannheim (where you will have to change trains). The total journey time is approximately 60 minutes. To book online and view itineraries, see the dB website: [ http://www.bahn.de/p/view/index.shtml ]. The cost is around 20 Euro one way.
Buses and Trams run from the Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof to Bismarkplatz and Universityplatz (main stations near the hotels) at regular intervals: timetables located here: [ http://fahrplanauskunft.vrn.de/vrn/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en ]
Alteratively, there is a shuttle from Frankfurt Airport for 35 Euro one way that will drop you directly at your hotel. It is necessary to reserve a seat 72 hours in advance: [ https://www.tls-heidelberg.de/en/home/ ]